When it comes to working out and eating healthy it’s not temporary, it’s a lifestyle. You have to want to include it in your day to day life. Most people diet because they want to lose a few pounds before vacation , or before a special occasion like a Wedding.
I started my fitness journey April 2016 after a surgery I had and I wanted it to be ongoing I didn’t want to put an end date to it. I wanted to be healthy and in shape, it wasn’t about losing 5-10 lbs. It’s a struggle but the results are rewarding. You won’t look good overnight and you won’t be the strongest person in the world but you’ll live longer and feel good within yourself.
Working out isn’t about #bodygoals nor should it be a competition. Go at your own pace , understand this is an adjustment and you won’t always be on track everyday, allow yourself to slip up but don’t stay there. 20% of a healthy lifestyle is in the gym and remaining 80% is what you eat. Abs are made in the kitchen, so if you want that six pack or defined stomach, drink half your body weight in water and meal prep weekly so that it is easier to stay on track.
Eat. In order to get the right amount of nutrients and to stay nourished, you have to eat 5 times a day. This means 3 main courses; breakfast , lunch and dinner, and two small snacks in between those meals. Never skip breakfast and always eat within 45 minutes of working out to restore muscle.
Don’t get so caught up in numbers. Yes I step on the scale once every 2-3 months. In December I weighed 135 lbs and then in March I weighed 135lbs the difference here, is muscle.
Focus. I know it can be overwhelming and it’s easy to forget what you ate or how much water you drank. Try writing your meals in a small journey each day and when you worked out and for how long. There are also apps for iPhone and Android. One of my favorite Apps that I’ve been using is MyFitnessPal. You can document each meal and it tells you how many calories it holds, you can add your workout as well as how many ounces of water you drank.
I hope this post helps your fitness journey and remember to take it one day at a time.